Graduation Date - Graduation will take place on Monday, June 7, 2021. The time is to be determined, but will likely start in the early evening.
Graduation Ceremony - We still do not know exactly what the graduation ceremony will look like. Everything will depend on what Phase our area is in in June as well as the health and safety guidelines we must follow. It is highly unlikely that we will be able to have a traditional ceremony with all graduates and families in the gym at one time. Once we know more information about what graduation will look like, we will share that information with you. Our goal is to celebrate our graduates and their achievements while also keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Graduation Materials - Students will receive a black cap and gown, pin, ribbon, and NJHS cord (if applicable). These materials are included in the graduation fee paid at registration. Distribution for these items will be toward the end of the school year. In order to get everyone their correct size cap and gown, please CLICK HERE to enter your child's height and weight. This information is confidential and will only be shared with our graduation supply vendor. Please complete the form no later than Friday, February 19, 2021.
Graduation Photos - 8th graders will be able to take a graduation photo at school on Friday, March 5. Van Gogh Photographers have many safety precautions in place and we feel our students will be safe having their photo taken. Please see the details below based on if your child is an In-Person or Remote Learner:
All 8th Graders
- This photo will serve as their graduation photo.
- Students must wear a mask until the photographer instructs them to remove it.
- We suggest 8th graders dress-up (suit and tie, nice sweater, blouse, etc.).
- 8th graders will not take a cap and gown photo this year due to safety measures.
- The photo taken this day will appear in the Yearbook.
- Students will be called out of class during the time they are present in the building to take their picture.
- Students will go back to class once they have taken their picture.
*DO NOT use the Sign-Up Genius link below. These spots are reserved for our Remote Learning students only.
- Sign-up to take a photo after school-hours (3 p.m. - 6 p.m.) using Sign-Up Genius.
- Enter the school a few minutes before your designated picture time through Door #11 by the main parking lot. Parents should then go around the building to pick-up on Norfolk.
- When you are done with your photo, you will exit Door #1 on Norfolk by the main office.
Proofs of the 8th grade students will be delivered to the school a few weeks after picture day. You can then place an order online. This option is only for the 8th Grade.
If you do not want your child to have a photo taken at school, or are unable to make it to the times listed on the Sign-Up Genius, please contact Sally Kuhn at firstname.lastname@example.org for an alternate option to have your child in the Yearbook. Please talk with your child before picture day if you do not want them to participate.
Note: there is no make-up day, this is the only day we will be able to host pictures.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Panuska at email@example.com.